Monday, August 1, 2016

Its All Connected

Leadership for Life is one of my classes at LDS Business College in this final semester. It is crazy that will be done at the college in a week. In fact today was the last class for Leadership for Life. My teacher, Melinda Woods, is one of the best I have ever had. She inspires confidence and growth and I connected with her. On this last day we had to share a graphic to symbolize our leadership style and values. This is what I shared.


There is a lot of symbolism in this for me, especially in the shapes used, the location of the phrases, and the words I picked. Creating this made me think long and hard about what is important to me. One of the things I noticed that is not written anywhere but described by the use of Celtic knots is connectedness.

Everything has to be connected to make it important. Information that does not relevantly tie into everything else has no value to me. I also made another connection while creating this. A long-time family discussion is trying to discover the definition of love, what is it. From that discussion to me love is a special connection between people, a giving connection where the other person becomes a part of your life. You see the connection between my graphic and my definition of love?

No comments: